Volunteers Help Make It All Possible
If you would like to get more involved in The Montclair Orchestra, why not consider volunteering? There are lots of ways to help out, from distributing flyers in your neighborhood, to providing support at events, to lending your professional talents! Volunteers will receive MO t-shirts, along with other perks. Here are some specific areas where we could always use some help:
- Distributing Flyers - Spread the word by handing out MO flyers to your neighbors. Great activity for the kids to help out with too!
- Special Event Assistance - We can always use hands on deck to represent the MO during special events around town. From handing out information to telling others more about the organization, the more people talking about us the better!
- Ushers - Collect tickets and assist with concert seating.
- Stage Setup/Break Down - Help the stage manager set up chairs, music stands, and equipment necessary for our performances, or help us clean up the venues and spaces when the concert is over.
- Professional Talents - Graphic designer? Accountant? Marketing professional? Many people find giving back through their own profession the most useful way to help out an organization.
Board and Committee Roles
The Montclair Orchestra is governed by a Board of Directors which meets on a regularly scheduled basis. We also have separate committees for Development, Marketing, Education, Community Outreach and Finance. If you are prepared to take the next step, and are interested in being considered for a position either as a committee member or a Director, please contact Board Chair Andre Weker to discuss further.